What the ancients discovered is the placement and layout of physical objects in your environment affects the flow of energy (or Chi) in your life. Most people don't pay much attention to how furniture or object placement affects their mood or attitude. Feng Shui (pronounced: fong schway ) and associated disciplines include the study of these energy flows. It also deals with how you should arrange your environment to gain the best possible advantages in your life. For example, consider the direction your house faces.
If you are building a new house, and you can decide which direction it faces, it would be good to know which direction will benefit your life the most. Wouldn't it? And you can find out by using Feng Shui. If you were buying an existing house and find out it's pointed in the wrong direction, you would need to know how to use Feng Shui techniques to counter this problem. Many people experience everything from chronic sleeping problems to low energy because of not applying Feng Shui principles. The Los Angeles Times reported that organizations such as News Corp., Coco-Cola, Proctor & Gamble, Hewlett-Packard, Ford Motors use Feng Shui principles. They use Feng Shui in plant and office design. Did you know our nations capital Washington D.C was designed using Feng Shui principles. Yes, many of our founding fathers including George Washington used Feng Sui principles to layout the city of Washington D.C. So what do these major corporations and the rich and famous know that you don't? That Feng Shui works! So most quietly keep it to themselves and use it to enhance their private, public and professional lives.
You may be a skeptic up to this point, thinking this whole Feng Shui thing is so much hocus-pocus. Remember just a few years ago they said the same thing about the internet, microwave ovens and remote control. In fact, they said the same thing about electricity a few decades ago. So before you dismiss this as baloney, look at the evidence then decide. Feng Shui doesn't make your life better in and of itself. But it helps to set the atmosphere and environment for the positive, uplifting and the harmonious to happen. Many times atmosphere is very important, ever try being romantic when the atmosphere wasn't right? Guys ask your wife or girl friend. If you have the wrong environment it's difficult or even impossible for a plant, a vegetable or even a child to grow. In the right environment it's possible to grow peace, harmony, a sense of well being and other positive elements. That's where Feng Shui comes in and has quietly proven itself for thousands of years.
Simple Feng Shui Tips For A Happier Home
1. Let There Be Light: Let the sun shine in. Open the curtains and let the sun shine in. If weather permits open the windows and doors at least 30 minutes each day. This allows natural energy (Chi) to flow into your home and add life.
2. Go for the Green: Adding lush green plants to your home is one of the best ways to add life and energy. They not only add life and energy they also clean indoor air pollutants, microscopic dust particles and stale air in your rooms.
3. Control the Clutter: Clutter not only destroys the Chi (or life energy) in a home it's also said to block more good from coming to you. So free your mind and your good to come to you by cleaning out your garage, closets, and cupboards.
4. Feng Shui Tips for Losing Weight:
I. Close the Kitchen View Block your ability to see the kitchen from the front door. Do this by having an eye-catching distraction to grab your attention in the opposite direction such as an eye-catching portrait or artwork. You can also add Japanese cloth door hangings or swinging doors to obstruct your view into the kitchen.
II. Dark Eating Distractions Using black, blue or other dark colors as table settings such as tablecloths, place mats or dishes can help you eat less according to latest research.
III. Pray or Pause Before Eating. After you've fixed your plate and sat down to eat, pause and think 10 seconds before you pick up your fork or spoon and dig in. This 10-second pause sends a signal to your mind and body that you are in control. Another more popular method is to simple pray before eating.
Feng Shui To Solve Money Problems:
1. Keep your home clean and orderly. If something is broken either fix it or get rid of it. Avoid having broken or unworkable items around your home.
2. Healthy round leaf plants will help to bring good Chi (or energy) into your home. The plants with leaves that resemble small coins is said to work best.