For butcher block counters, Maple is one of the best and most popular because it's hard and has a clear grain. Rich hue of cherry and red oak. Butcher block can also be made from bamboo (it fits better with end-grain building) and exotics such as wenge, zebrawood, and iroko can be sustainably farmed. The wood used to make countertops usually has a much higher rating of Janka. No wood will be as strong as stone, however, and most wood will be prone to scratches and even dents. This means that wood counters are generally inappropriate for direct cutting: you want a cutting board to be used. Wood countertop thickness typically varies from 3 to 6 inches, and butcher block from 2 to 12 inches. There are a wide range of options for the rim. Grain Types. When sealed, wood countertops are sanitary for chopping food, and heat-resistant wood countertops and pans can be conveniently mounted on the floor. Wood countertops, including oak, maple and cherry, can be made from a number of lumber varieties. Teak wood is a lovely choice for a countertop kitchen.
But it will last a long time for your counters. You should expect to finish them every 10 to 20 years, depending on the use. Design your own furniture in different ways by combining kitchen cabinets. This can be a DIY project for the weekend and can significantly contribute to the resale value of your house. All you need are some basic tools and lots of imagination, use some time to plan this project in advance and find some nice cabinets, the cabinets could be specially ordered, custom made, removed from the shelf, used from the rescue store or used cabinets from a recent kitchen renovation.
I type this on my desk consisting of a kitchen base cabinet with drawers and a flush door on top with the other end mounted on the wall. I saw some beautiful desks built on top of them with antique panel doors with a glass sheet. You might need an entertainment center, this could be achieved with a row of wall cabinets on the floor, and then the second row could be a cabinet at each side. Finished with the crown molding with a row of cabinets on top. Such cabinets are all installed like a kitchen on the wall, and at the sides that reach another cabinet are also attached to each other. How about the case of a book? Using kitchen cabinets with a beautiful wooden rim, or even marble. And set on top of the counter top a row of wall cabinets. You can order outdoor cabinets for these upper cabinets, or just remove the doors and patch the holes of the screw. Use another line of cabinets if you need a larger model.
I've always found great use in the garage for used cabinets. Place a row of base cabinets with a recycled counter top and hang over them wall cabinets. This will give you a nice area of work and a perfect place to store all these little stuff in the garage. Need more laundry room storage? To store the laundry detergent, place a row of cabinets above the washer and dryer, and all the other things that need a home. Use in the mud room several small wall cabinets, use a fridge over a refrigerator. For a bench with storage, you can get 18 "cabinets that are 18" deep. Want to suit some of your house's furniture? Seek to stain unfinished cabinets or paint them to match existing furniture. Cabinets can be used for a variety of purposes, use your imagination and get your tape measure out and start planning the new piece of furniture!
If you are embarking on your first renovation of the kitchen, you will probably find the whole experience a bit confusing and full of unexpected difficulties. But you don't have to worry! With these helpful tips and tricks, it should be simple and stress-free to create your dream kitchen.
1. Remember to include plenty of space-Some forward thinking and careful preparation will eliminate most of the problems encountered during construction. The last thing you want to do is get through the kitchen renovation halfway to find that you have failed to include enough pantry or pot and pantry shelves. Before starting any building on the renovation of your kitchen, carefully plan your storage and allocation of space.
2. Save money where you can-The secret of an inexpensive kitchen renovation is to carefully choose which components to spend more money on. Buying regular store-bought cabinets and spending more on high-quality counter tops or appliances can often be a good idea.
3. Timeless design-Kitchen renovations can be a big investment as a high quality upgrade can greatly enhance your home's value. But, if you follow a fashion or common trend while designing your home, you may find the room is going out of style quickly, making it difficult to resell your house. Choose a long-lasting look for your new space, such as classic white and wooden tones, for better results.
4. Working triangle-Remember the classic working triangle when designing the space to make sure you love to spend time in your kitchen years after the renovation. This triangle applies to the area between the working layer, the food source (such as the pantry or fridge) and the appliances for cooking. For regular use, you should keep the triangle points close and realistic.
5. Daring info-Just for you to have fun recreating your room is one of the best tips we have! Include all the features you've always dreamed of, whether it's high-tech appliances or smooth granite counter tops, and don't worry about taking the project as an opportunity to express your own personal style.
6. Do it yourself-You may want to do some DIY during the renovation of your kitchen to save costs. Just try to tackle the simpler stuff or tasks you have previous experience with, and don't do anything too risky like electrical wiring. Hire an experienced professional for everything else, ideally someone who can manage the whole renovation of the kitchen and is committed to getting the best possible results at home.